VFS rules Varmit for score
Centerfire Benchrest Matches – SBRC
Varmint for score (VFS) Official Rules
1. All matches will be held at SBRC – Billings, MO
2. All range rules of the SBRC will be in effect and adhered to. Safety is the utmost concern, the match director will be in charge, bolts will be removed at all times, until the match director instructs the shooters to place bolts in guns. Semi-auto guns must utilize a chamber flag. Failure to comply with any safety requirements may result in immediate disqualification.
3. We will draw for benches, unless waived by match director
4. Sandbags must be utilized for front and rear rests. Bipods are allowed as a substitute for front rests. No mechanical or monopod rear rests.
5. Guns are unlimited in nature, 17.5 lbs max weight limit, no calibers larger than .308
6. There will be three targets for score at 100, three at 200, and three at 300 yds, we will shoot 100 yds first, followed by 200 yds, and finally 300 yds. There will be at least a 30 minute break between yardages for the shooter to clean and/or reload.
7. There will be 5 record shots for score on each target. There is a sighter area on each target, the shooter may fire unlimited sighter shots within the allotted time frame.
8. The first target at each yardage will be shot within a 10 minute time limitation, the remaining two targets will have a 7 minute time limitation.
9. There will be a $12.00 entry fee for each yardage, if the participant shoots the entire match, the entry fee will be $30.00
10. $8.00 of the $12.00 fee and $18.00 of the $30.00 fee will be awarded as prize money. There will be a door prize drawing for each yardage.
11. Prize money will be awarded for each target winner, and for 1st, 2nd and 3rd aggregate at each yardage. Aggregate is the addition of scores for all three targets.
12. There will be prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Grand Aggregate winners for all three yardages for the day. Grand Aggregate is the addition of scores of all 9 targets.
13. Any ties will add and split the prize money (two people tie for 1st place – 1st and 2nd place money added and split)
14. Muzzle brakes are allowed in all classes, however, if any single participant has an objection, we will fire separate relays for muzzle and non-muzzle brake rifles
15. If the shooter fires into a score target on the first shot on that target, an alibi can be awarded to the shooter by the match director, providing the shooter notifies the match director immediately after firing the shot and before another shot is fired on the target. It will be at the match director’s discretion.
Example shoot payout schedule for each yardage
Target winner, each target $2.00 5 or less shooters
$4.00 6 – 10 shooters
$6.00 11 or more shooters
Of the remaining money 1st place (40%)
2nd place (30%)
3rd place (20%)
Door prize (10%)
Total prize money for the day is rounded to the nearest $0.25